Planes, Trains and Automobiles... [August 24th, 2007]

So much has gone on! But first I'ld lay to say:

ORBITZ is a shady. Un professional. And completely unreliable company.

Today we went to the Colo Sprngs Airport to fly out to Rochester and not only did they, for NO reason, void my parents tickets from the Springs to Chicago, [Which took TWO HOURS plus to find replacement tickets or seats] but they took absolutely no responsibility for their very obvious mistake.

Thankfully, a very nice lady from the airport fixed our tickets to get us on a flight to chicago. However, once we ALREADY had received our boarding passes, gone through security, and were waiting at our gate, my father decided to go check what would was going to happen once we arrived in Chicago. The attendant at our gate, who was also very helpful and had already talked to my father about what had happened and looked up our tickets for Chicago to Rochester, noticed that Orbitz had gone into the system and canceled our flight from colorado to rochester. They CANCELED our tickets RIGHT OUT from under us. She overrode the system to get our tickets back, but this move from Orbitz was either incredibly and purposefully vindictive, or entirely unaware of their customers needs.

Do not EVER take a risk with your plans. MANY of the airport employees mentioned that they have numerous and OFTEN problems with them. Additionally, my mother just called to double check that they didn't cancel their flight home, and the agent from the airline said that she too has had MANY MANY problems with them.

Just don't take the risk with your plans!!! At any rate, the weather in Chicago was so bad the ended up canceling our flight anyways. So I'm home for a second last night. Haha.


It's so strange around here now... EVERYONE is just GONE. Well, everyone but my PPCC friends. But generally this place used to be bustling with activity. Or, at least as "active" as monument gets, but it has just been very odd to feel everyone's absence. Kyle left pretty early, so that was hard, but it was sort of nice that it gave both myself and him some time to figure out how we were both going to handle it before I left. We both sort of managed to figure out a bit of a basic understanding of how this might all go down before we both got too busy to really think anything through. I am going to welcome the distractions, though. He has had a much easier time with all of this than I have. For many reasons; one of which being the fact that he's male and has admitted to being able to think of one thing, and ONLY one thing at time. [When he wants to anyways.] I don't have that ability WHAT so ever. haha. But also because he went straight into school and had a lot to do and new people to meet [and also some old and very good friends going with him.] While I was only at home... saying GOODBYE to everyone as they gradually left. It was just hard. Luckily one of my best friends is sticking around for another year and others are either still in high school or left closer to the same time I did. I guess it really just came down to the fact that Kyle and I both just in really different places working out the same thing. =/ We've actually been working it out really well though. I go through phases of REALLY missing him, and being okay with the distance and with friends. I guess that's natural though. I thought about a lot of what has been going on and have really started being okay with how thins are. Make your lemons into lemonade and all that. There's nothing we can DO about the situation, so we might as well make the best out of it until we DO have more of a choice over it. Whatever that means.

I feel badly for my friends sometimes, though. I will miss them all. I will miss them all more than ANYTHING. However, I feel like some of them might be feeling a bit neglected because of my personal trauma of Kyle leaving. But it's more of a build up. I'm going to miss them ALL. Not just kyle. So I would hate if any of them saw me leaving without knowing how much they all mean to me, and have been a part of me over the past few years. I guess I just feel like the friends I have now, are really the ones I'm going to stay in touch with, so it's less worrisome. Everyone else faded out pretty quickly near the end of high school. Not to mention with the internet and everything, it's never been EASIER to stay close with your friends. :] I'm not as upset, because I KNOW we'll be able to stay in touch. :] And that's a nice feeling.


Everything has been so emotional lately. I have never cried in front of people so much in my entire life! Well, that's a lie. But I most definitely have NOT cried this much in front of people since I stopped throwing temper tantrums in the middle of stores. [Although I did have one of those with my dad the other day. Yay college shopping. I couldn't help but laugh after words, because it was so ridiculous that I did that. Poor Sears. I didn't cry though, so I 'spose this doesn't really count.] I guess you could call me a closet crier. Haha. I HATE crying in front of people. But... I don't think anyone would really think me weak or silly for crying at this juncture in life. Not to mention that I'm more confident than I've been in my whole life. So part of it is just me thinking that if I cry. Then I cry.


In other news, it seems EVERYONE has some obscure relative or friend of a friend in Rochester. It makes me laugh because I have a handful of numbers and e-mails of people I have never met that I am supposed to look up when I get there. Kyle even called me on the way to the airport today and told me that his professor/advisor for his academic community at CSU has a sister that lives really close to the campus. It was really sweet. He seemed so excited to be helping out. So I'll make sure to get together with her. In a direct quote I believe that I am "pretty much already invited over to dinner." :]

Another big thing was packing. I am actually a bit proud that I could fit most of all important things to me in four bags and a trunk. It is quite weird to see all of the belongings you deem important enough to move with you reduced to a bunch of bags. I have NEVER moved. I moved from the hospital i was born in, into my home. And from a tiny room downstairs. To a room upstairs. But that's it. So I have NEVER experienced something like this. I had everything pretty much organized except for one bin of random things I still needed to pack last night. But I also had to make sure everything was under fifty pounds each, since we were flying. I got home at three thirty from spending a last night with the girls. [Molly, Kelsie & Joy, Oh how I love them.] I was up until five thirty packing. I wasn't all that tired, if I had ventured into bed, I'm sure I could have managed to drift off, but it is easier to be busy than to lay and think. Not to mention that those are the hours I really get the most done, anyways. I will "spend all day cleaning" but in reality give me an hour at three am. And I can get it done IN that hour. I don't sleep all that much anyways except maybe once or twice a week. I get the bulk of my sleep those days, and the rest of the week 4 or 5 hours is fine, otherwise I feel sort of scatterbrained and strange. I enjoy the feeling of being a little bit tired. I think maybe I function better when I'm a little bit tired because I have to force my brain to really focus on one thing. Instead of trying to do six things at once. It's not that I have ADD, really. I can concentrate. It's just that I try to do all the things i can concentrate on at once. Thus, they take longer. <--- for instance, right as I type this I have COMPLETE awareness and concentration on what I'm typing. But I'm also thinking about Kyle, my bags, Joy, and the music. Perhaps that's why I enjoy such silly patterns going together on my clothing. One for each part of my thought. XP

Wow. Random tangent. =/ Sorry.

Despite everything I'm just very excited to get to school. I can't wait to meet my roommate, she seems really cool. I'm not expecting us to be best friends or anything, but I think we'll get along well enough. So that'll be nice! :] Also, my mom is crocheting me a big blanket to take with me. I made my parents go and pick out the yarn, so it really was something of them i could take with me. I love stuff like that.

Lastly, I said goodbye to joy today. We had a small goodbye last night, because we didn't know if we would get to see each other today or not. However, she made her way over, so it was nice to see her again before I left. Just her, for a bit. Even if I WAS running around trying to make sure everything was together. We had a REAL hug both last night and today. It's odd because were VERY very close, but we really just don't hug that often. I hug most of my other friends, it just never ended up being one of our things. We hug from time to time randomly, but when we do it's usually sort of awkward and silly. But these were nice true hugs. I think we usually only hug when we really need it and mean it. It makes them better and more special that way. :]

She made me this KILLER photo album of us that I guess she's been working on for almost a year, for my birthday. :] Along with some other equally awesome things. But I'm SOOOOOO grateful to have that with me at school. It was very very sweet of her. :]

Alright. I have a flight to catch tomorrow, hopefully, so I will let you all go.

Sweet dreams or have a good day. Depending on when you check this!

0 Responses on "Planes, Trains and Automobiles... [August 24th, 2007]"